You may not be aware that Pets without Parents has been in the process of looking for a new facility. The building that we are in now is being rented and we would like to move into a place of our very own. A forever home. One that is more suited to our and our animals’ needs.
A forever home is a secure, safe place where all one’s needs are met. A forever home is one where you can always find support from your loving family. A forever home is one that can not be taken away.
Since our start in 2001, Pets without Parents has been dedicated to helping animals find their forever home. Now we need a forever home of our own!
Our current facility is no longer meeting our needs. After 3 different moves into rented properties, we would like this move to be our last.
We are looking for many things in a new facility and some of the necessities include:
- A larger facility to allow us to house more animals comfortably
- Sounder structure with more sanitary surfaces to control disease
- Stability and freedom by not having a landlord
- Larger dog cages without tops so we could have larger breed dogs
- Multi-level cat cages so our kittens can jump and play
- A better, safer floor plan
- Additional meeting spaces for adopters to meet our animals
- Additional indoor and outdoor play space
- More cat condos and cage-free living
- An intake room for new animals
- An isolation room for sick animals
- A holding room for new arrivals
- A more customer-friendly layout
- Volunteer lounge/meeting area for groups to help with orientation
- A pet supply store that has agreed to donate part of its profits
- Future ability to add a spay/neuter clinic and on-site vet
Please help us find our forever home so we can help more animals find theirs!
The fur-ever home fund has been created for those who would like their money to specifically go to a new facility. We appreciate any contribution you can make to help our Pets without Parents family find its forever home!